FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 14, 2022
Contact: [email protected]
FACT CHECK: Warnock Secured Largest Tax Cut in History for Georgia Families, While Walker Opposes Efforts To Lower Costs
Walker Opposes Measures to Reduce Deficit, Cap Cost Of Insulin And Lower Cost Of Prescription Drugs
Savannah, GA — While Reverend Warnock is leading the fight to lower costs and hold corporations accountable for price gouging. Meanwhile, Walker opposes critical legislation that will lower health care costs, cap the cost of insulin, and reduce the deficit — and continues to spread lies about what this legislation will do for Georgians.
Read more on the clear difference between Reverend Warnock and Herschel Walker on lowering costs below:
Reverend Warnock has fought to reduce financial burdens for Georgians, bring down health care costs, and deliver tax cuts for Georgia families that need it most.
- Reverend Warnock secured the single largest tax cut for working and middle class families in American history, by passing the Child Tax Credit into law.
- Reverend Warnock fought to pass the Inflation Reduction Act, including his provisions to cap the cost of insulin at $35 per month for Georgians on Medicare and cap out-of-pocket prescription drug costs for seniors. Herschel Walker opposed the legislation to lower health care costs and reduce the deficit.
- Reverend Warnock is fighting to expand Medicaid to provide 640,000 more Georgians with affordable, accessible care and create 60,000+ jobs. Herschel Walker opposes expanding Medicaid.
- Reverend Warnock helped pass the jobs and competition bill, which was signed into law — boosting Georgia manufacturing jobs, strengthening our supply chain, and reducing our reliance on foreign nations like China.
- Reverend Warnock pushed President Biden to endorse his Gas Tax Relief Act, legislation that would suspend the federal gas tax to help lower prices at the pump for Georgians.
Herschel Walker opposes the Inflation Reduction Act and is lying about its impact on Georgians — because he has no solutions to lower costs for Georgians.
- Herschel Walker opposes the Inflation Reduction Act despite the much-needed relief it provides for the people of Georgia by fighting inflation, capping the cost of insulin and lowering the cost of life-saving prescription drugs.
- Walker keeps trying to claim that the bill will hire new IRS agents or increase audits by the thousands, but the “figure is flawed,” and his claims on this topic have been rated “mostly false.”
- Herschel Walker opposes Medicaid expansion, which would benefit tens of thousands of Georgians and create jobs, saying, “Medicaid has not been good. Right now, expanding is going to continue to bankrupt us. Everyone knows that.”
- Walker opposes making sure that corporations and high net-worth individuals are held accountable for tax dodging.