FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 23, 2022
Contact: [email protected]
Reverend Raphael Warnock Schedules Debates, Looks Forward To Debating Herschel Walker
Reverend Warnock Accepted Invitations to Debate in Atlanta, Macon, Savannah
Atlanta, GA – Reverend Raphael Warnock last month committed to three general election debates against Herschel Walker across the state of Georgia and this week accepted three debate invitations and invited Walker to do the same.
Warnock’s scheduling of debates follows repeated comments by Walker that he looks forward to debating Reverend Warnock. Just this week, Walker told a radio host that Reverend Warnock should “name the place and the time” for debates and he would “be ready as well.”
“Today, I’ve accepted invitations to debate and discuss the issues that matter most to the people of Georgia, and I invite my opponent to do the same,” said Reverend Warnock. “These debates are an opportunity for Georgians to see the clear choice they have in this important election between my record fighting for all Georgians and my opponent.”
- Reverend Warnock has accepted the invitation of the Atlanta Press Club to debate on Sunday, October 16, 2022. The Atlanta Press Club regularly hosts debates in Georgia. The debate will be broadcast statewide and available for streaming.
- Reverend Warnock has accepted the invitation of his hometown station WTOC Savannah. The debate will be broadcast statewide and available for streaming. The date for this debate is to be determined.
- Reverend Warnock has also accepted the invitation of the Mercer University Center for Collaborative Journalism and the newsrooms of 13WMAZ, 11Alive WXIA, Georgia Public Broadcasting, The Macon Telegraph, WMUB and The Macon Newsroom to debate on the campus of Mercer University in Macon. The debate will be broadcast statewide and available for streaming. The date for this debate is to be determined.
Walker has said he would debate in the general election:
- On Monday, Walker told WSB: “So I’m ready to go whenever he’s ready to go. I told him to name the place and the time, and we can get it on. Because I’m used to it, and it ain’t no big deal to me. And so, whenever you get ready to do a debate, I’ll be ready as well.”
- Last month, Walker said he was ready to debate.
- In October of last year, Walker said he would debate Reverend Warnock “any day of the week.”
Title and affiliation are provided for identification purposes only.